Monday, March 14, 2011

The Thing about Resentment

Resentment is a very dangerous thing, it's like a poison that invades your blood and it spreads throughout your body. It can't be ignored, as it stays dormant in your body waiting for the right moment to come back and make you sick.
So what causes resentment? To me, resentment is caused by allowing someone to do something bad to you and not saying anything about it. It's created by swallowing anger, and accepting mistreatment. Sometimes the person that has harmed you did not know or realize that they had harmed you, they may have really never meant to do you harm. Maybe they did. But if you don't say anything, if you don't tell them how you feel, your resentment will continue to grow.
This applies to most people, yet the way to get rid of resentment with your spouse is completely different and that's a whole 'nother story. But if the person you are carrying resentment towards is a friend or co-worker or boss, then I suggest you make your case be heard if you would like to be able to get rid of the churning in your stomach and the negative thoughts that come with it.

At this moment in time I am carrying resentment with my boss. I am hesitant to tell the whole story as you know how Heather Armstrong got fired  for saying bad things about her job.
But the thing that bothers me the most is that my boss complains to my husband behind my back that he doesn't like the fact that I am working only part time now and he doesn't like the girl I got to help me. Well he fails to see that he was the one who made the choice or allowed his father to make the choice of hiring an incompetent to be in the office that is right next to my house and behind my daughter's school even though I specifically asked him to let me work in that office since it would allow me to work full time and still be able to pick up my daughters from school. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I have to work in the office that's an hour away simply because it's close to my boss' house and it's more convenient for him. And he's rarely there anyway. He moves around 3 general areas, there is no reason for him to keep me in the other office. Some days I just feel like telling him to F' off and quit. But I want to go about this in a different way. I want to take a course in marketing that's $5000 and after I pay it off then I can move on.

Resentment is not only created by what other people do to you. It is created by our own actions, by allowing ourselves to be treated in a way that is not acceptable to us. It is something of an alarm that tells us that we need to take action and look at our situation and make a change.
Do you ever feel resentful towards someone? What do you do about it?

1 comment:

  1. I think your boss have a problem that makes him choose the wrong ....I think because he wants to be the one to do his way....not seeing that you are his right hand and the one he trust in that company.

    Sad for him and not for you...Things happen for a reason....I see that you are happier this way. you have more time to be with what in Life are your True Reasons...Your 2 Beautiful Daughters....I can see myself doing exactly the same thing when you was small.Not amount of $$$$ took me away.... of what I want for you....To be there for you ....when you need me and to be the one to know your needs and to take you to your after school activities.

    I am sure that you are happier than before when you came from work after 6pm and super tire or earlier with your office plug into you....and I know you know that if your boss have a hard time is because he is not thinking right...he is thinking like a boss.

    That happen to me at the IAU and at Colegio San Jose...I gave ideas that because they came from me ....they did not accept....at the end ....they lost not me.

    Things happen for a reason............You will see....

    Love You!!!!! Ma!

    pd:a)Why you do not talk to your boss dad...at his back....the same way he is doing with your husband and explain to him your thoughts.

    b)Tell your husband to tell him....when he is talking to him...to have you at the new office?....I am just saying....but I think it will work....=) I hope =)

    Such is Life!=)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain