Monday, March 28, 2011

Health & Beauty - Deprivation

Today is Monday and Monday's for the most part will be about Health & Beauty. I am going to talk today about Deprivation. Many times when we go on diets we tend to deprive ourselves with something and for some this works well, I've heard that if someone is addicted to something, the best thing to do is deprive themselves from it. But for me deprivations just creates the opposite effect. I cannot deprive myself from something or I will binge on it. Right now I have had a King Size Hershey's Almond Chocolate Bar in my purse for over a week. I have not opened it. I rather have the indulgent item in my sight and know that I can have it whenever I want, and I will not over indulge in it. As long as I have what I want and it is my choice whether I eat it or not, I'm fine. The minute I am told I cannot have it, I start to crave it and as soon as I get my hands on it I will devour it and will not stop eating until it is gone.
My other problem with diets is getting bored with the food. Ever since we have stopped eating flour I have an extremely hard time cooking dinner. I mean meat and salad can be varied in so little ways if the only veggies I like are lettuce, tomato, carrots and broccoli. I can't eat rice and beans, or rice and sausage, or rice & chicken...Pasta is to be limited, potatoes are to be limited...and I don't know, all this limitation bothers me. My husband is doing great though, most of his shirts are too big on him now, and it's awesome, but I am over eating like crazy!!! Fortunately I'm still under the same weight range I am always in, so I am not gaining weight, so that's good. However, I made the active choice not to be on a diet, because I know that I will not be able to handle deprivation successfully. But I find that the most difficult time for me is dinner time as I never know what to cook. I get bored with the food. And weekends are horrible, I snack the days away hoping that I don't have to cook. I dread it now. I dread cooking! I don't know what to do. If I weren't such a picky eater and my children weren't so much like me, I guess we would have a better variety of stuff to cook.
Do any of you struggle with this?
How do you put variety in your meals when trying to loose weight?
Please share, I would like to hear from you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain