Monday, March 7, 2011

The Price of Beauty

Today my baby girl turned 5 and we had an awesome birthday party. There were a lot of friends and family that came over for the party. We all were looking our best, we had brand new shoes all three of us, Gaby, Elsie and me. We chose the perfect shoes to look our best, but half way through the party we realized that even though our shoes where perfectly suited to make us pretty, they also killed our feet. Even Elsie had to run around barefoot for most of the time. And now several hours after the party is over I must say that I am still walking on my heels so as to take pressure away from the front of my foot, and then it's still very painful to walk, even barefoot. Why must we fall prey to the desire to be pretty at all cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain