Thursday, March 31, 2011

How do you deal with stuff like this?

Well in the past 2 days a few things have happened to me or my husband that have left us scratching our heads not knowing what to think. I want to know your opinion to these things.

Situation #1
The first thing is that my husband went to go to work when he notices the car is gone. He calls me to see if I had moved the car or something. After I deny moving the car I go online to see if our car had been towed. The website said that the car had been towed. I check for unpaid tickets and there are none. I call the city and they say that the car is there at the Navy Yard but that they don't know why. Bottom line is that after paying almost $500 in fees to get the car back without knowing why the car was towed, yet there was a ticket in the window saying that the car was in a Bus Stop. The thing is that my husband did NOT park the car in the bus stop. He parked it 2 cars after the bus stop, yet the ticket says that he was parked at the bus stop. What leaves us scratching our heads is How on earth can we fight this? We have no proof that the car was not in the bus stop and it's our word against the cop's... and we already had to pay a lot of money to get our car back...

Situation #2
Today I went to Popeyes for lunch and I see this person next to the line asking people for money. She comes to me and asks me if I could spare a dollar for her to get some food. I reached in my pocket and gave her the dollar. I see that after I give her the dollar she keeps asking people for money. I look at the menu and see that the meals are like $6. I look at her and say. Why don't you ask someone to buy you lunch? She nodded and I told her. When I get to the front of the line, come next to me and I'll order you some food. She said, two pieces of chicken, legs and thigh, mild. Ok. I keep making the line and notice she keeps asking for money.
I think, maybe she doesn't believe me. So after I make the order when its time to pay I think twice before I take my Debit Card out, but then I decide to pay with a $20 bill. Can you believe the nerve of this girl to tell me. Can I keep the change? CAN I KEEP THE CHANGE?!!! Seriously?! I looked her in the eye and said. No, you may not keep the change, and so you know, if you are going around asking for money for food and someone buys you food, you don't keep asking for money. It looks bad. Got it?! She nodded took her food and left. Not only did I spend $1 giving it to her, plus the $6+ of her meal and she expected me to give her the change of the $20? She was young, do something people, get a job, or something...

Situation #3
I am a the mall and pass by Victoria Secret. I think to myself that I could use some new underwear. ok,ok TMI, I know! But it is relevant to the story so bare with me.
I go inside and start looking at the underwear and see ones that I like, so I start looking at the size and the largest I saw was medium. A clerk calls out, What size are you looking for? I say, XL. Oh I'm sorry but we don't have any XL underwear in this section at all, you have to go all the way in the other side in the cotton underwear section. I try to look at the underwear that they have and ask, how about the drawers? She blocked the way between me and the pretty underwear and said, NO, there are no underwear in your size. go to the OTHER side of the store where the COTTON underwear are.
I am SHOCKED! She then says, anyone with sizes larger than Medium have to go to the other side of the store! This lady looked at me as if I had the plague, even gave me a dirty look for trying to see the pretty underwear. So I go to the other side of the store to see what they got and it's all granny panties. Well, there were a few, OK ones, but then another girl approaches me and asks me for my size and I say once again XL. She says, sorry, the only underwear that comes in XL is the High Leg Briefs, and they were hideous! Talk about Granny Panties. I looked at her and said, Sorry these are horrible! She said, why don't you try Large? Nah, they bother me in Large.. and I walked out.
I couldn't believe that at Victoria Secret of the Atlantic Mall in Brooklyn, NY they treated me like a leper because I said I was size XL. The funny thing is that when I got home, I checked my Victoria Secret Panties and they were all size Large, not XL. So I got confused. But I must say I ain't going to go to that Victoria Secret no more, as I felt prejudiced against by what I though was my size. And I looked around and there were more big bootie ladies in the store, I was not alone.

So that's my story for today and I want to know, How do you deal with stuff like this? Has anything similar happen to you before?

2 comments:

  1. Oh My God!!!!! What a great day!!!!! =)It was like an April Fool to be Day,,,Exiting!!!!!!Big Hugs!!!!I will think of mine....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately,there is a new fad to put down people who do not meet certain criteria. On the other hand. there are other companies that do provide beautiful things for people who other companies put down. You cannot control what people do to you, or say to you, but you can control how it affects you. Do not take it to seriously, they lost a sale and I imagine you are not the only one who has experienced something like this. They are loosing customers doing. They will regret it later.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain