Wednesday, March 9, 2011

About the pacifier...

I know I recently blogged about this in a previous post however today I came across an article in MomFinds.com criticizing Suri Cruise's pacifier use. I must say that I do not allow my child who was born a few weeks before Suri Cruise to leave the house with the pacifier, however, who are we to judge? I know that first of all, it's none of our business what another family chooses to do, second of all, I know they are Scientologists and they believe in allowing the child to make their own choices about things, even including when they are ready to give up a pacifier or bottle. I myself have allowed my child to decide for herself when she will give up her pacifier although I am trying to persuade her to give it up sooner than later. I am not a follower of Scientology, but I too remember when my mom "lost" my pacifier at the laundromat when I was almost five, if I'm not mistaken, and I remember missing it, for years! I had the desire to put things in my mouth to resemble the pacifier and I remember being frustrated because I couldn't find anything that matched the sensation.
I understand how it might be easier to wean them from the pacifier when they are small, but sometimes with strong willed children it is not that simple. I know many of you will disagree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
My daughter's speech has not been compromised, her teeth are not in any way crooked, and she has been dealing good with my no-pacifier day. I believe that little by little she will be able to wean from it, and everything will be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain