Thursday, March 17, 2011

If you could invent something to help you as a mom what would it be and why?

As I was getting ready to write today's Blog post I came across another one of Social Mom's writing prompts and this one was just begging to be written. I have been thinking about this for so long that it's crazy.
I started having this idea when my little one was born, and my oldest one was 5 years old. I used to carry baby Elsie in her carriage, leaving 5 y/o Gaby wishing she would be carried too. I wanted to find a way to carry them both and that's when I found those Kiddy Boards or Buggy Boards that can be attached to the back of a stroller so that the older sibling can ride along. I found that idea to be amazing! But now I find myself with another dilemma and to date I have not found a device that has been made for this purpose as I would need it.
My dilemma is that now Elsie is 5 years old and many times I have to go run some errands and she says she is too tired to walk. We live in NYC and I run most errands using public transportation that means buses and subways, but there are also times when I have to walk 7 blocks to the bank and back. At these times I find myself either using a shopping cart to troll along my 5 year old or walk with her by my side crying an whining and begging to be picked up because she is too tired to walk. So this is when I would beg for a device that would serve as an umbrella stroller for 3'8" tall,  50lbs, 5 year olds. Something with wheels and that could serve as a seat and didn't weight too much or took too much space so that it could be easily taken in and out of buses and/or trains, something with a large handle so I don't have to bend over to push so I don't get back pain. I can't even come up with a drawing design of such a thing. Sometimes I think of those foldaway chairs that they make that I see sometimes people carry them along when going to watch a parade. I would just put wheels and a handle on those. LOL

How do you imagine a device like this to look like? How would you make it work? Do you know anything that could serve this purpose?

1 comment:

  1. The only thing I know is that we are in the same page............You should contact someone that help you make the design and then sell it to a stroller manufacturer for a percent of the sales. Talk to a Lawyer...and make your idea yours...Protect this idea that I am sure will make you a millionaire...at least is written in your Blog and is your idea....You can defend it.=)

    Trust me in this one....Maybe looking for an Ingeniero Industrial...those are the ones that make the prototypes. Trust me and look around. Talk to your boss ...or to his Lawyer...=).....that they will understand.....You are talking about something that will make $$$$$...I am sure he knows someone=)...they know everyone....=)

    Do your homework....Big Hugs!!!!

    Such is Life....=)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain