Saturday, March 26, 2011

Japanese Love Day 7 - Melon Soda and Kindness

So this is my last day dedicated to Japan, and now looking back on it I should have left the best for last, but I mixed it all over the place. Right now I hear Lucky Star in the background and wonder how long will it take for me to understand what they are saying. It is inevitable to learn a few words by being exposed to a different language everyday as I am with my daughter watching Anime every day in Japanese, and that's the same way how I have learned to identify a few Yiddish words by working with Orthodox people.

Well today I am going to talk about Melon Soda. We first discovered it a few months ago when Yucheng came and brought us a bottle. The first thing we liked about ti was the bottle. It comes in a  fun glass bottle with a marble stopper at the top. You have to push the marble into the soda, hold for five seconds and enjoy the fizzy goodness of this refreshing drink.
It also comes in a metal bottle, similar to a can but with the shape of a bottle:
It is so refreshing and awesome you can't stop drinking it. We have fallen in love with this drink, and there are several other flavors that we haven't yet tried.So if you ever happen to be in a store that sell these, please give it a try, you won't be sorry!


And the last thing I will say about Japanese people is that they are kind. I've been reading in the news how the Japanese have been able to deal with this horrible event in their lives and they have continued to be generous and helpful and they are always willing to share with others in need. It says a lot about someone who is willing to share the little that they may have.

I hope you have enjoyed our Japanese week here in Cocoons2Butterflies, we will continue tomorrow with our regular schedule. For those of you who don't know yet, we have a schedule that follows this template most days. Sundays is Picture of the Week, Monday is Health/Beauty, Tuesday is Household, Wednesday is a Random Topic, Thursdays is about Parenting, Fridays is Relationships/Marriage and Saturdays are about the SELF.

So I let you go now with another link to a website with information on how to help Japan. This is a list of events in NYC made by Mari Mori.
Tanks for reading! :D

1 comment:

  1. My sweet Laura ....I am so proud of you and your heart...You are one of a kind...This comes from the time that mothers give to their children when they are growing up. I am happy that I did...=) Love You and God Bless You All...I know you are doing the same with your 2 girls...=) Ma!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain