Sunday, March 13, 2011

Why does seeing someone diet makes me more hungry?

When my hubby decided to go on a diet, I was all excited, I figured that we could encourage each other and loose weight together. Even though we are both giving up on rice for dinner, and eating only whole wheat bread with no sugar on it, or whole wheat pasta in small quantities, I find myself snacking more than normal. I am eating more vegetables and less flour products yet I stay hungry after I eat so after I eat, I tend to keep snacking into the night.
Have you ever felt like eating something yet not really knowing what that something was? So you kept on eating different things to see if you could figure it out? You crave something salty but then you end up eating too much salt, so you try to eat something sweet to counteract it, then you feel like you ate too much sweets so you try and eat something else to take away the sweetness and it goes on forever. That's how I feel most days.

Before I started dieting I would eat a heavy lunch and regular sized dinner not too late and it would hold me up till the next day. Lately I've been so rushed at work that don't have time to eat lunch so I end up eating anything in the run and when I get home I'm so starved that at dinner it's like I barely ate at all. Meat and Vegetables seems like a good choice, but when you are not fond of vegetables then there's a problem. And I must say I am not much of a bread eater (unless I'm in Puerto Rico and presented with Pan Sobao then I can't stop myself) I don't miss the rice or the pasta, but there is something I miss, like eating corn tortillas in tacos, or flautas... Hamburgers, and cheese hotdogs, plantains or surullitos. Maybe it's the fried stuff that I crave. Alcapurrias, amojabanas, tostones...

I don't think dieting is for me, I have the things that I like to eat, and I try to eat them in moderation. I must say I am very proud of my husband for sticking to his diet, he is amazing, but for me, I just don't think I'm cut out for it. I'm not giving up on loosing weight though, don't get me wrong. I just will find other ways to do it. We are not all cut with the same scissors and that is perfectly OK. :)

1 comment:

  1. I have a confession to make. I used to eat chips while watching The Biggest Loser. I think subconsciously I'm looking at the screen and thinking "well it's ok b/c I don't look THAT fat!". So I've stopped watching The Biggest Loser. Lol.
    I need to do more exercise and snacking regularly is supposed to be better than eating just 3 large meals a day, as long as they are healthy foods and the occasional indulgence is also OK as long as it's not binging or eating something extra fatty.
    And on that note I'm going to be crazy fat and have some sausages for lunch :p
    Good luck with your diet and you've inspired me to get cracking on eating more healthily & exercising more!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain