Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What kind of music do you like to hear when you need to cheer up?

I have been feeling a little bit down for the past few days. Today I was driving on my way back from work and I heard this song called "Rolling in the Deep by Adele" I had heard that song previously in The Voice when Vicci Martinez sang it during the Blind Rounds. I never thought I would like that song, it didn't seem to be the kind of music I normally like, but Vicci sang it with such passion and emotion that I absolutely adored it. As I was driving and listening to the original version sang by Adele I got goosebumps all over my body. When I got home I decided to look it up and hear the song on YouTube and find out who this Adele was. I must have heard the song a million times, the Adele Version, the Karaoke Version, the Vicci Martinez Version, over and over and over, and I got goosebumps, and I wanted to sing, and I sang, and I sang to the point when my daughters where begging me to stop. LOL. But I felt so much better afterwards. The thing I like the most about the song is the Chorus, the passion that goes along with it. I don't care much for the lyrics as I don't feel I can relate to them, but the emotion behind the song, that's something beyond words.

Here are the videos for the song, first by Adele and then by Vicci Martinez. Enjoy!

 



What songs do you feel cheer you up when you are down?

4 comments:

  1. I love How Great Thou Art by Carrie Underwood. It makes me feel so thankful for everything in my life that God has blessed me with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Adele on The TODAY show and she if phenomenal. I've recently discovered Lily Allen. I like her indie pop style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to check out Lilly Allen, Thanks ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain