Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sixth Annual Brooklyn Blogfest 2011 - Be There!

Last week I was asked to do a mini workshop on Blogging for our Brooklyn's Women's Writing Workshop. As I prepared my workshop guidelines and reviewed my notes from the AWESOMEST eBook on Blogging for Women "Blogging in Pink: A woman's guide" I remembered how I first found out about Blogs and how I got interested in them to begin with and I remembered the Brooklyn Blog Fest. Two years ago I was reading a local Brooklyn Family magazine and saw an article about Louise Crawford a mom Blogger who runs the BlogFest. I found out where the BlogFest was, and headed myself out there with barely a day's worth of planning for it. I went by myself, I didn't know anyone, I did not talk to many people either but I sat there and I gathered information, took many business cards, and the whole concept seeped into my blood and it became a goal of mine to become a Blogger.
Last year I found out about the even the day before the even, and when I tried to get tickets they had been sold out. I was very disappointed, but this year I get another chance, and an even better one because for the first time I am going to the Blogfest not as a simple observer but as an actual Blogger. This time I won't feel embarrassed when people ask me, What's the name of your Blog? What do you Blog about? This time I plan of having Business Cards! I am a real Blogger, finally! I get a chance to mingle with hundreds of Brooklyn Bloggers, I will get the chance of getting my name out there and increasing the readership of my site. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!
So anyway, I encourage all of you to go ahead and buy your tickets now, they do sell fast. It is $15 but with fee's and such it end's up being about $18.88

If you plan on going send me a shout out and maybe I'll see you there in person. :)

Happy Blogging!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. I expect you to blog about it after the BlogFest! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain