Saturday, May 21, 2011

SELF - What places would you like to visit in the next 5 years? - Social Moms Writing Prompt

Every once in a while I will use a Social Mom's Writing Prompt in my Blog, especially if it has a topic I am interested about or if it's something that I would want to write about to begin with.

I was never one to dream about traveling, except when I was in High School, I was fascinated by Italy and always dreamed I would have my honeymoon there, yet it never happened. After that I discarded the whole idea of traveling up until a few months ago.

As I thought about ways to help out the world and teach my children about philanthropy I realized I wanted to travel the world helping out in different charities all over the world. Take one year to travel the world volunteering with my whole family. We would help the world as we get to experience different cultures, different languages and environments and write about my experiences. I still have a way to go before my dreams become a reality. I have to get a passport for my family, somehow we've managed our whole lives to be without one. We also have to research charities that take volunteers that even children can do. Ideally I would like to be able to stay with a host family in every country so that I could be exposed even more to the culture and the language. So far I have quite a few friends all over the world that hopefully won't mind to let us crash with them for a few weeks.
The places I would like to travel to include International and Local places, and here it is:


Locally:

*California

*Hawaii

Canada

International (Over Seas)

*Italy

*France

*Greece

*China

*Japan

*Australia

*Spain

*Egypt

All the locations with a (*) in them are places where I have a friend living in that country, whether it be a real in-person friend, or an online friend that is close enough that I wouldn't feel awkward asking them if we could stay with them. I just need to find a Canadian friend. Any Volunteers?

Where would you like to travel to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain