Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fandom - What makes a person obsession material?? LOL

Starting this month I am going to dedicate Wednesdays to Fandom, or the talk about famous people I love. I tend to obsess sometimes with some actors and it's hard to say what makes a person obsess worthy.
For example, some people I am a total fan, just by the way they look. This may seem shallow, but I don't think I can help it. For example, I totally adore Alejandro Sanz. He is a singer from Spain, for those of you who don't know, and I love two songs of him that he made in collaboration with other singers. One of them is La Tortura with Shakira, and the other is Looking for Paradise with Alicia Keys.
I must admit that I have never heard any of his other songs, yet I follow him on Twitter, and took from a friend  the cover of one of his CD's because I love the pictures on it.
My husband might think this is not real fandom, as I am not familiar with all the aspects of this guy, I just think he's good looking, and I like 2 of his songs. Is that so wrong?
Have I tried to listen to more of his songs? Well, yes, but he sings mostly ballads and I am not too good with ballads. I wish I knew a real fan who could tell me if he has any other songs that are not ballads or that are at least somewhat cheerful.
But to me, I am a fan, because I can have weird obsessive thoughts about this guy. Is this wrong?
Do any of you find yourselves dreaming about a famous person, just by their looks?



What makes someone obsession material? Am I the only one with this dilemma?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain