Thursday, May 12, 2011

Fandom - Are you a Fan of anything or anyone in particular?

Today as I was thinking about my blog and what I am going to write about I realized that there is a part of me that I have not yet introduced you to. The side of me that is a Fan. Some of you may already know this side of me, like my twitter friends and my real life friends but not all of you readers know.
Well yes, I am a fan. What does that mean? It means that I have a tendency to become a HUGE fan of certain TV shows, movies, actors etc. I enjoy going to see when a movie or TV show is being filmed and try to take a peek at the actors and visualize them as real people as opposed to the characters they play.
My first  bigger than life obsession was Robert Downey Jr when I was 11 years old after watching the movie Tuff Turf. Robert Downey Jr has been my obsession for more than 19 years. There is also Drew Barrymore which I have admired since I was 6 years old , and more recently Alexander Skarsgard and Tim DeKay and Matt Bomer from White Collar. In music I obsess about Alejandro Sanz, The Misfits and Ozzy Osbourne.

Jerry Only from the Misfits
I have had the opportunity to meet a few of my obsessions in person, like Robert Downey Jr, Tim DeKay, Matt Bomer, Jerry Only from the Misfits and once I saw Ozzy Osbourne at a distance, but close enough to count.






Matt Bomer from White Collar

Robert Downey Jr

Tim DeKay from White Collar

Here are some  of the pictures that I have taken on my "stalking" adventures. I wonder how many people out there are like me, that find something fascinating about people we don't really know on a personal level, celebrities that many tend to idolize or put on high pedestals based on their fame. But there is something about seeing a celebrity in person that makes me realize that celebrities are as human as you and me, and even though that is a fact that I carry with me I get a sense of amazement when I see a celebrity's humanity up close.
Do you fantasize in meeting celebrities? What makes you like a celebrity in particular over another?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain