Thursday, June 2, 2011

Men vs The Law of Attraction

The other day I was talking to my cousin and she was telling me how she thought that her friend was very unfair to her husband. She continues to describe how her friend's husband gave her friend flowers for Valentine's, got her chocolates, a watch, took her to dinner and bought her a perfume. Her friend was livid because the husband had bought her a perfume she specifically had mentioned months before that she did NOT like. She was failing to see all the good things that he had done for her and concentrated on the one thing that he did wrong.
My cousin told her friend that her husband had completely forgotten about Valentine's day, and that she has learned from experience that every single time her husband asks her for something she likes, he ALWAYS ends up buying the one thing she specifically said she did NOT like.
I told Karla that this phenomenon sounds a lot a like the Law of Attraction, because it is said that the Law of Attraction does not understand the words, NO, Not, Don't. So if you say I don't want to get sick, the message received is: I want to get sick and the same applies to anything.  The way to get what you want is by asking for what you want.
I want to get this perfume as a gift.
I want to stay healthy.
I want those earrings that we saw at the store.

If you find yourself relating to this situation, I want to hear about it. And the next time you see yourself saying I don't want this and that, ask yourself. What do I WANT? Ask and ye shall receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain