Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More Graduation and Inspiration

Today was Gaby's graduation from fifth grade. It was a beautiful ceremony and the key note speaker said some things that really stuck. He said that studies said that a child born to teenage parents and raised by a single mom would usually get into gang activity, die young, never graduate, be poor...but he was proof that what studies say doesn't mean it applies to everyone, because not only was he able to graduate from High School, but he graduated College, got his Masters Degree and even a Doctorate Degree. He was proof that anyone can achieve greatness, he told the kids that they had think about what they want to do with their lives, and dream it, see it, feel it, work it, and be it. He told them that they do not have to wait to be 30, 40 years old to achieve their dreams that they can achieve their dreams NOW. That if they want to be singers, they should sing, even if it's to family members at gatherings, if they want to be actor's they should be in school plays and practice, practice, practice. He gave a few other examples, and that got me thinking about my own life, and the lives of my children, I thought about how their lives are impacted by everything they see and do. It got me thinking about how I have the chance to influence their lives, help them go into the right direction. It is up to me and their daddy to give them all that we can give them for them to be their best. Both our daughters have incredible Art and Music talent. Art runs in my family and Music in my husband's. Today after graduation and celebratory meal we stopped by Guitar Center and I contemplated how my daughters both loved being there, and how they sat at the keyboards, and looked at guitars, and played with the drums, I even asked Elsie, if she could learn one instrument, what would it be? She said, All of them! and at that moment I realized that they are so lucky to have the daddy they have, with his music talent and his musical background, because I do not have that musical ability like they have, I love music, but I do not understand it as well as he can, the mathematical precision of music, of pitch, of tone, all of it is the same to me, but to my husband it is a whole another dimension, and that dimension is what my daughters really need to grow up with, because with him, they will be able to max their abilities in a way that I can't show them. And on the other side, I know that I can provide them with other knowledge about other things that only I can provide, and I know that I am blessed to have my family and to be able to give my daughters the chances that we have been able to provide for them. It makes me think that it is up to me to give them example, and I have to achieve greatness, the way their daddy is doing too, so we can show them by example, and by encouraging them to be their best, to let them know that the future is now, that they can start working on their dreams now. Like their school motto, Expect the Great! I do expect the great for them and for all of us. Mark my words, you heard it here first. We are going to do great things, and the whole world is going to know about it.
Big Love to all!

Gaby's Graduation

Elsie's Graduation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain