Thursday, June 9, 2011

Trying to be more adventurous with my food and I had a Blast!

Yesterday my husband invited me to a Sushi place. I am not a sea food eater, I usually only eat fish from a can and it must be chunk light tuna in water and nothing else. My husband asked me if I thought the girls would eat there and I said that I doubted it but that I would bring some food for them just in case. I figured that I could at least eat some noodles so I went along with it and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had in a restaurant ever!
We went to Shiro of Japan in Glendale, NY it is located inside the Shops at Atlas Park one of the most beautiful malls in the area.


We came in and the decoration is beautiful, people are seated at the Hibashi table and the food is cooked right in front of you. It is like being in a performance place, very fun, and delicious. 


For a person that is a very picky eater, I must say that I was very adventurous and ate the following:


Miso Soup
Dumplings (pork and fish)
Noodles
Fried Rice
Teriyaki Sirloin Steak
Salad with some unknown dressing
And some unknown vegetable that I think it was zucchini 
(I'm not much of a vegetable eater so this is a breakthrough)


And then for dessert I had one of my favorite desserts EVER!! It's the Cappuccino Tartufo. I used to eat it a lot about 7 years ago, but the place I would get them from closed down and I never saw it again this dessert, so I was so excited to see this item in the menu, and of course I had to order it and savor it's amazingness.

So here are some pictures of my Dinner which it was awesome!!! I recommend to you to go to this amazing place and if you live far away from NYC then go to any good quality Japanese Restaurant that serves Hibashi Style dinners. I'm sure you'll have a blast.









Capuccino Tartufo, you can see the creamy chocolaty goodness inside!

Even though my husband's birthday was a few days ago we took the opportunity to Sing him Happy Birthday!







1 comment:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain