Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Vacation I Hope To Take This Year.


The Vacation I hoped to take this year I just took it. The truth is that I had not taken a 3 week long vacation in what it seems like forever. Vacation from work, from the computer, from cellphones, from the constant rushing I do here in NYC.

This Christmas I took it. I went to Florida and spent an amazing time with my amazing husband and the kids. It gave me so much perspective in life. It taught me so much too.

I learned that I need a slower pace in my days, that I have to enjoy more the day to day things, like cooking as a family, and playing games as a family. It inspired me to be more active physically, to rest more, to keep an order to my days.

When I keep organized I can be more productive without exerting so much energy, so I have energy left over to do the things I really love.

This vacation we has so much fun, we went to Sea World, to Disney, Bowling, Old Town, and simply hanging out with friends and family.

I also went to see my dad and my siblings, and I learned a few things as well. I learned that I have more in common with my dad than I previously imagined. When he showed me his work space and all the things he does, how he has his own publishing company and makes books, and book covers and how he has his websites for his church and how he publishes his sermons. I realized that we do the same things, just for different audiences. The interesting thing is that me and my dad did not grow up together so there isn't that influence. Another thing that struck me as interesting is that the more I find in common with my dad, the more I appreciate my mom, and the more I feel close to her. It doesn't really make much sense, since they got divorced when I was 2, but things don't always make sense.


In this trip also I fell in love with my husband all over again. Seeing all the things he has accomplished, how wonderful he is, how smart, and I feel so amazingly proud of him. I always knew he was this great, but I know that now he's even better and more amazing.

What Vacation do you hope to take this year? Where do you want to go? How do you expect it to feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain