Monday, January 23, 2012

The Most Vivid Dream


Since I was a little girl, I have been fascinated with my dreams, they have always been full of imagery and they tend to be linked to one another in a way. I used to keep notebooks of my dreams, I would also like to link imagery's from my various dreams to find meanings for them.

I was so into my dreams that I was capable of writing my dreams as I had them. Many times I would be writing in my notebook with a pencil and I would fall asleep while doing that, and when I would wake up I would notice that I had written things that had happened in my dream. It was very cool.

In my dreams I live in a town, much like reality, but it is not like a real town I know, it is more like a collage of places, and people. In this town, there's a shopping mall, and it is 3 stories tall. I always visit it when it's about to close. There's a college campus, a few supermarkets, my house who varies between a few places (my grandparents house, my actual house in NY and an imaginary house I don't really know in real life.  There's also a highway that connects NY with Puerto Rico. A park, a city, a hotel, a few laundry's, a town square, several movie theaters (one in the mall and another one close to the college) and a Hollywood Studios type of place.  These places are like I mentioned, a collage of places that I have been to, maybe they just represent significant imagery from my life.

I also tend to have recurring dreams, things that happen over and over and over. One of those things used to be going to the mall at closing time. I would go trying to find a store, which would randomly move from it's location. It is funny because in my dreams I would remember the last time I was in the mall, which was a previous dream, as if I went to this alternate dimension in my sleep and lived a different reality that would continue every night. The mall was always closing, and if it wasn't then I would search over and over for the store and never find it.

Another recurring dream would involve the movie theater. I arrive with friends, husband or with my daughters, I would take them to their seats and leave the room to buy some popcorn, and I would never be able to come back. All the popcorn stands where closed and when I tried to go back into the movie, it was finished or it had been moved, or something.

The supermarket is also another very common place I encounter in my dreams, I have a shopping cart and I go isle by isle buying things, and the store closes before I can pay for the food and leave. I rarely get to buy the things successfully.

But these scenarios have changed throughout the years, recently in the past year I have been able to get to the store at the mall and it was open. Get back into the movie with my family, and pay for my groceries at the supermarket. To me it means that my life is getting better, that I am overcoming fears or whatever it may be, I am becoming more capable of reaching my goals because I am doing things every day that lead me closer and closer to my goals.

The other day I had a dream that was very significant to me. In the past I have had a recurring dream where I am in charge of taking care of 3 fish tanks. The fish tanks would be very large, they had not been taken care of in months. The water was dark, there was moss growing all over the glass, the fish had overgrown and mutated, they were very hungry and vicious. Many times they would float above the water and tried to escape. I would try to feed them but I was very disgusted and did not want the task of taking care of them.  But this past week I had a similar dream, yet there was something very different than before. I was still in charge of 3 fish tanks, with fish that had not been fed in a long time, and the fish where floating out of the water and trying to escape. But this time, the fish tanks where very clean, the water was crystal clear and the fish were small and cute. They looked very cartoon-like, some where shiny like jewels, other had some flowery shapes. I looked at them floating and I would put my hand to try and catch them and I would see them shine, and glow, and I remember saying to my self in the dream, "these fish are so cute!"

When I woke up I was very excited, because water represents your emotions, before everything was dark and disgusting, now everything is crystal clear and cute. I realize that I am in a much better place right now, more confident, more determined, I am actively pursuing my dreams, and I am getting there.

How about you, do you remember your dreams? Are they vivid? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain