Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Significance of Anger

I usually try to avoid anger, yet anger is a natural response. It is healthy to admit that we are angry, because it usually means that there is a conflict between our beliefs or boundaries and what is going on at the moment. It is healthy to own anger, yet I have a hard time doing so. I fear loosing control or creating an argument when all I want is to be left alone.

At this moment I must confess I feel angry, I feel disrespected, and I am trying to dismiss this anger because I believe that if I try to talk it out it will be pointless. My point of view will not be acknowledged but it will be dismissed as neurotic and this will cause me even more anger. So what are we supposed to do, when the person you are upset with will not hear you out and there's no way to escape? I don't know. Maybe I should try. Because the truth is that we are the ones who make ourselves angry, no one can make us angry unless we allow them to. It is all in the way we choose to react to things.

So we do have a choice to be or not to be angry, but we do have to learn to own anger and not let it become powerful over us. We also need to stand up for ourselves and not let others put us down.

How do you deal with anger?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain