Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Friends Forever

Today I was reading The Rules of Life by Richard Templar and it read, "Someone once said that a real friend is someone you can  be having a conversation with as she gets on a plane, you don't see her for ten years, and when she arrives back you carry on the conversation as she gets off the plane like a moment hasn't passed." That premise made me think of my friends and how our friendship is exactly that.
For years I complained how I didn't have any friends and how all my friend's had abandoned me in one way or another, until two years ago that I finally was able to reconnect with a few old friends that I had not seen in more than ten years, and our friendship continued just like the statement suggested, as if not a moment had passed.
I have also made a few new friends since I've moved to NYC and I must say that we do not need to see each other every day to care and know that we are cherished and valued as friends. I am proud to call them my friends.
Today I am doubly blessed because not only do I get the chance to hang out with one of my new BFF's at my Wednesday Writing Group, but I get to go and pick up at the airport one of my BFF's since I was 12 y/o and get to have her a whole week to myself.
I am thankful for having my childhood best friends still be part of my life, for having some wonderful new friendships that I have made here in NYC and for all the loved ones that I only know through the internet, but that they are equally loved and cherished. To all of you I send a big hug and know that I'm blessed to have you be part of my life. I LOVE YOU!

Take the time to think about the people that you are grateful to call your friends. Do something nice for them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain