Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy New Year Rabbits!

Today is the Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Chai!. This is the year of the Metal Rabbit. I'm so excited about this new year as it is a very good year for the Rabbit, (like me) and my horoscope for this year reads:

Protected by their mascot, people born under the Rabbit sign will have a truly amazing, magical year. While 2010 was a quite difficult and nerve racking year for the calm and quiet Rabbit - 2011 will offer this sign a chance to take a deep breath and slow down.
The stars also promise some significant improvement in relationships with loved ones. Rabbits will be literally worshiped by their families. Single Rabbits will be surrounded by admirers.
In general, 2011 will be all about joy and happiness. Rabbit people will be like walking love magnets! They will attract many new friends as well. Career wise this year also looks great! In fact, Rabbits will succeed in pretty much everything they do.
--
Copyright (c) DailyHoroscope.
Download it now -- http://bit.ly/DHmobile


Me and my daughters like to celebrate many of this cultural traditions even though we are not Chinese, we admire and respect the culture. One of my daughter's best friends is Chinese and since my daughter Gaby was a little girl she would love to dress is Chinese outfits and eat with chopsticks. The first time we went to China Town in NYC was as if we entered this magical world that mesmerized her and she fell madly in love with Asian culture and that became reflected onto me and my youngest daughter Elsie. We are even learning Chinese through Muzzy and through Nintendo DS's game My Chinese Coach it's fun and exciting to learn a new culture and language as a family, even though it is much more difficult for me to learn it than my daughters.

I encourage you all to join together as a family to enjoy life's diversity, learn about a new culture and have fun.
I also found this cool website with tons of activities, recipes and ideas of things to do to celebrate this New Year of the Rabbit. 

May this new year bring lots of wonderful things, much wealth and happiness to all! 

1 comment:

  1. Can you convince my 8yr-old nephew to eat rice? Lol He is half-Chinese/half-Aussie but has never liked rice (don't ask!).

    Happy New Year and I hope you gave your daughters some lucky money too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain