Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The 10 Days to You Challenge - Three Films - Day 8



This is going to be a hard one. I don't think I can think of only 3 movies that I like, not even only 3 movies that had touched me. But I guess I will write 3 films that have some kind of importance to me. But I know it's going to be very hard.

Once again in no particular order:

*Only You - With Robert Downey Jr and Marisa Tomei. It's in Italy is Romantic, and it talks about topics like destiny and true love. This movie was in a Tie with another Robert Downey Jr movie that I've seen over 50 times and I'm not kidding and it's Chances Are, with Cybill Shepard. It's also about true love and destiny. Totally two of my favorite movies from RDJ.

*Ever After, a Cinderella Story - Also in my second "film" I'm going to be cheating by including some other movies about the same actor with similar topics. This movie by Drew Barrymore touched me very much, it makes me cry every time, like most movies about strong women that achieve good things. I like this story because it portrays Cinderella as a humble yet very strong woman. Very powerful and a great role model for young girls, better than the defenseless portrayals of princesses in other movies. Two other movies by Drew that include strong women achieving great things is Riding in Cars with Boys about the journey of a single mom who got pregnant in her teens but was able to raise her child and become a famous writer at the end. She was able to win over the adversities that presented themselves in her life, and Whip It! also by Drew Barrymore because it shows a girl who fights for what she loves, and goes after her goals no matter how hard it is. Very strong female role-models in my opinion.

*Tuff Turf - This was the first movie I ever saw of Robert Downey Jr when I was 11 years old. I must say this impacted the way I led my life for the following 18 years. Obsessing about Robert Downey Jr until I finally met him in 2005. What I loved about this movie, even though it has gang activity, bullying and other inappropriate behavior that I would not allow my 10 year old to see, but back in the day I was impressed with Robert Downey Jr because he was a great friend in the movie, he risked his life to save his friend and he was a hero to me. It also deals with topics like fighting back against bullying and being a friend to the new kid in town. About being ok with being yourself. And a few other movies that had similar impact were Satisfaction (Girls of Summer) with Justine Bateman and the Julia Roberts before she was famous. It's about a band of 3 girls and one boy. It deals also with themes about finding yourself, being true to yourself, a little bit of love and exploring life. And Shag (the movie) this one with Phoebe Cates who was a sensation back then in the 80's. It's about teenage girls going out on vacation after high school and having fun one last time before one of them is supposed to get married. It's also about discovery and being one's self.

As you can see these are mainly 3 topics of movies that I like and there are way more that I could include on this list, but I'm supposed to put only three.

So what do you say? What are your favorite movies? what has impacted your life?

And come back for day 9 of the challenge with Two Songs. This is going to be even harder than the 3 films!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - Ever After has gotta be my FAVORITE version of Cinderella! No idea why. I'm a sucker for anything involving romance, despite having never been in a romantic relationship myself. Living vicariously, I guess. And that movie is VERY romantic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain