Thursday, August 11, 2011

The 10 Days to You Challenge - Six Places - Day 5




Well, today it's the fifth day of our challenge. And I will talk about Six Places that are significant for me.

* Puerto Rico - To me Puerto Rico is the most influential place in my life, as I was born and raised there, and all my family is from there. Puerto Rico is where I grew, where I went to School, where I graduated from college, where I got Married, where I had my first home.

* New York City - Is where my mom got married to my step dad, who became a very influential part of my life, it's where I came to live with my husband after we got married, it's were I had my two beautiful girls, where I got my first Real job, where I feel that I matured, where my husband made his first two businesses, where I learned about Blogs, and decided to dedicate my life to writing.

*Italy - It's part of my heritage from my dad. I have always wanted to visit and see the sights, and the art.

*Asia - (Japan & China) - In our family we have a slight fascination with Asian culture. I have Chinese plates, my daughter is in love with all things Anime. We dream of one day going to China and walking the Great Wall.


*Greece - When I was 16 I got a Pen Pal from Greece as part of a English class assignment. We became great friends and still communicate after 20 years. Now we can talk in real time through Facebook as opposed to having to wait for a month to receive an answer from the letters that we would write to each other. I have seen pictures of Greece and the stone houses and I would love to one day visit there.



*Hawaii - For some reason I have always found Hawaii to be very fascinating. Peaceful, tropical, beautiful. I dream of one day being there on vacation with my family, laying there in the beach enjoying a wonderful and peaceful time.

How about you? What places do you like? Why?

Come back and check out Day 6 with Five Foods

4 comments:

  1. Great places! Puerto Rico is a place I would very much like to visit, as is Italy.

    It is so neat that you've kept in contact with a pen pal for 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that you still keep in touch with your pen pal!! That's incredible! Thanks for following me on Twitter! I'm following you on GFC here now too,
    Michelle
    Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too think it is amazing you still are in touch with your pen pal! That is awesome...I hope you do get to visit someday!

    New York City is the best vacation I have ever took! I can't wait for my 2 to get old enough to visit!

    Thanks so much for visting my blog! I am your newest GFC follower and twitter!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well we have driven all over France and that was amazing. Loved Paris but honestly I loved the smaller towns we saw even more.. And we spent a week in Venice Italy, it was magical. I could see myself living there. I have always wanted to go to New York City but I haven't ever been yet! I really want to just travel the world.. Europe especially!

    Thanks so much for stopping by our blog and your kind words! We are a new follower :) Have a fabulous day!

    Brandi with the Three Fabulous Mommies
    http://3fabulousmommies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain