Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Something at home/work that serves no purpose.



This is an answer that is very hard to answer, just because most things have purpose, even if their purpose is not important. However there is something in my house that serves no purpose, I just haven't decided to throw it out, mainly for pure laziness, and since it's hidden away in a corner that I barely look at it has been easy to overlook. However since I have been forced to confront this fact I might just get rid of it this weekend.

The item I am speaking of is a dead Avocado tree that my mom had grown from a seed, it was over 2 years old and over 2 feet tall when my mom moved back to Puerto Rico and left it here in NYC with me. I have been known to kill plants,  cacti don't even stand a chance with me. So lo and behold, the tree lasted 5 months after my mom left, which is more than I can say about any other plant that has ever lived in my home.

At this moment in time the tree is a 2 feet tall stick on a very large pot of soil. It is heavy, another reason I have not thrown it away. But every time I look at it, usually as I lay my daughters to bed, I realize that I should throw the poor thing away.

I'm going to enlist the help of my daughter's friend this weekend to throw it away. Say our final goodbye. Maybe one day we will have another avocado tree, but this time in a back yard, so that it gets a better chance at life when mother earth takes care of it instead of me.

Is there anything in your house that serves no purpose? Have you ever had misfortunes with plants?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain