Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My favorite Retro toy


When I was little I loved dolls and doll houses, and I still do. I am really greatful to have two girls so that I can play with their dolls. I think I buy them so many dolls because the child in me loves them as much as they do.

Back when I was a child, in the late 70's early 80's I used to collect the Strawberry Shortcake Dolls and Hollie Hobbie dolls. I still have about a dozen of them from back then, my daughters now play with them and have their own new versions of the dolls. It is amazing how the dolls have changed so much throughout the years. My strawberry shortcake dolls are very different from the Strawberry Shortcake dolls my 11 year old had whether was little, and also different from the dolls my now 5 year old daughter plays with. Also the Hollie Hobbie dolls that my daughters play with are completely different from the ones from my childhood.

My favorite Retro Toy is definately Strawbery Shortcake, and Lego. I used to play Legos all the time as a child, and the sets have evolved so much! Now they came up with new sets for girls. I absolutely love them and my daughters love them too, they can't wait to get them.

What is your favorite Retro Toy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain