Thursday, January 19, 2012

The last time I laughed so hard, I cried.






The last time I laughed so hard I cried was recently, however I can't for the life of me remember what I was laughing about. I just have this image in my head of laughing uncontrollably, my daughter's face turning all red as she can barely breathe from so much laughing.

The actual reason of the laugh I can't remember it.

Does that ever happen to you? I don't know if there's something wrong with my memory but I tend to remember things in bits and pieces. Sometimes it's just an emotion, or a laugh, or a specific image that gets stuck in my head. I think it is maybe since I tend to go about the days rushing all the time, multi-tasking. Doing a million things at a time, keeping busy. I don't pause long enough to smell the flowers or to notice the little things around me. Like the way a rain drop loves down the glass of the window.

I think that along with advances in technology comes these distractions that take away so much from the enjoyment of life. Also worrying so much about everything, a bad habit that I have been really good at breaking little by little.

But I do remember one time when me and my husband laughed a lot in a movie. I know I was crying. Right now I look back and think it's totally stupid and it's not as funny, but at the time I was totally cracking up. It's the scene in the movie Due Date when they drink their father's ashes as if it was coffee.

Do you remember a time when you laughed so hard you cried?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain