Saturday, February 11, 2012

Overcoming fear.






Many years ago I was overwhelmed by fear. Fear of absolutely everything. Fear of abandonment, of failure, of not being good enough, of not having enough money, of getting hurt...

My life was not happy, it was miserable, all I could think of was on all the bad things that could happen to me and how miserable I was going to be if all those what if's where to happen. Until I realized that I didn't have to wait until my fears came true in order to be unhappy, I was unhappy waiting for my fears to come true.

It wasn't until my friend April gave me the book the Secret by Rhonda Byrne that I realized that all these fears where only keeping me down and I was attracting bad things into my life.  That's when I decided to take a stand and work hard to control my emotions and take away fear from my life.

Every time I would start to freak out and start being afraid of something I would distract myself with something funny, be it TV show or funny pictures or a movie or a song. Anything as long as it made me laugh. The thing was to keep my mind off any bad thoughts until I was able to control my thoughts and emotions better.

It is something that takes effort, and perseverance, but it is something that it is very possible. Once you gain control of your emotions and your thoughts your life will change for the better and you will never go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain