Sunday, February 12, 2012

An appliance I could not live without.


 I'm not sure I can say that there's an appliance that I couldn't live without since I feel like there's always an alternative way to do things.  The refrigerator is the closest thing that I can think of to be an appliance I couldn't live without, yet if I ever found myself without a refrigerator, I would just buy only what I was going to be consuming that day and go about my day.


Another appliance I am fond of is the stove and oven, yet if I didn't have that I would use the microwave or Bar B Q. When I first got married we had a propane BarBQ that we used instead of a stove, it was totally crazy but it did the job.

I can find a replacement for almost any appliance, or I can do without. I use a broom instead of a Vacuum, I use a fork for beating eggs and mixing cake batter. My mom even taught me to make brownies in the sandwich maker instead of the oven. And almost anything can be made in the microwave these days, and if you don't have a microwave, you can do everything in the stove or oven. I even make my coffee in one of those cloth coffee filters, nothing mechanical in that.

This is not about being earth friendly or any other alternate way of doing things, it is just that in my life I have had to do without at some points in my life so I learned to find alternate ways of doing things and it's not a big deal.

How about you? Do you have an appliance that you couldn't do without? What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain