Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Volunteer Work


I have not been one to volunteer too many times, in fact officially I have only volunteered once, and it was for New York Cares when they came over to paint my daughter's school a few years ago.

But unofficially I have always been a volunteer at my children's schools, in PTA, helping out in the school Christmas Play, and on several School Trips.


This picture is from my daughter's Christmas Play at her school. The Nutcracker. My daughter was Marie, she became an instant celebrity at school. I helped with the decorations and the children's makeup and costumes.

On this picture you can see my daughter's school trip to Build A Bear.


As a mom, this seems like just things that we should do, just another part of motherhood. But not everyone does it, not everyone can.

I like to Volunteer for things related to my daughter's school, and I would like to some day volunteer in bigger ways, and teach my daughter's the power of helping others. As of now, I tend to help out more by donating to different causes.
Do you volunteer? How? What do you usually do to give back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain