Friday, February 10, 2012

I thought I would hate...



I'm a very picky eater and I always thought I would hate many things. As I grew up I learned to give new tastes a try and with that came the love of many foods I thought I would always hate.

Those foods include:

Broccoli
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Yellow and Green Zuchinni
Pears

Pear Cake
Banana Bran Muffins
Mocha Coffee
Brazil Nut Milk in Coffee
Pork Gyoza
Eel
Shark
Pad Thai
Lo Mein
Medium Rare Steak
Onions
Peppers

There are many more foods that I eat now that I would have never even tried when I was a child, or even a teenager. But I must say that our palates mature and we are more open to eating things that taste different.
Now I am trying to include fish in my diet, more sea food. I don't normally eat sea food, unless it's chunk light tuna from a can, but the other day I ate fish, made at home, by myself. I ate it slowly, it is not something I'm used to eating, but it didn't taste bad. I want to give my daughters a good example, they where shocked!

-Mommy! What are you eating?
-Fish
-Fish and what else? You are not eating chicken?
-no, no chicken.
-Just fish?
-yup, just fish.

My daughters looked at me in disbelief, but it felt good. They know I am a picky eater like them and by me taking the fist step and eating something that I claim not to like I am opening the doors for them to try new and different things in the future, and that makes me feel proud.

Is there something you tried that you thought you would hate, but didn't?
Tell me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain