Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thinking about New Year Resolutions

The year is almost to an end. I can't believe how fast it has gone. So many things happened this year. Life Changing Events. I look back and try to evaluate what has happened. It is surprising how in one year the outcomes of our lives as been so different for my husband and me. I think it's because this year was the year of the Rabbit, so it was more favorable in my career than his. But 2012 is his year, the year of the Dragon and I expect him to be able to succeed in everything he tries to achieve.
I started this Blog on February 1st, 2011 the first month of the year of the rabbit. I started by writing every day, then every other day, then every week...I think that since my husband went on his trip, I have taken way more things that I am able to handle by myself, in a way it's my way of keeping busy in order to not think that he's not here next to me.
I am exhausted. Some days I feel like cleaning, others like decluttering, and some days I just feel like doing nothing at all. Yesterday I decluttered and cleaned, today I feel like being in the computer and writing.
I want to get organized and I am seriously getting rid of tons of stuff in my house. My goal is to get rid of anything that is not loved or doesn't have a use in the home.
So what do I see in my future? What are my plans?
I want to continue writing my Blog, learning more about this Social Media Marketing, and growing my business. I want to restructure my Blog, to make it work for me in different levels. As I embark in this new world of Social Media Marketing at work I have had the opportunity to be part of the events that my company is participating in, I go into these parties and talk to the main people and take pictures of them, tweet it, and Share it on Facebook, and I love it. I love being able to interview people in a relaxed setting, it gives me the opportunity to put aside my usual shyness and communicate and learn from people. I have learned so much, not only in real life but also with this amazing online community that I have found through Voiceboks.

I have learned so much about myself this year and I have decided that I want to be involved in the world. With the help of my friend April I have been pushing myself to go out and push myself away from my comfort zone that is my home. I must admit that I have had fun, every single time I have pushed myself, I have been able to appreciate it so much.  I am also grateful to my in-laws that have been there for me as my husband is not around and they have also pushed me to go out, go to the mall, play Dance Central on the XBOX and allow myself to be videotaped and posted on Facebook.

I am really grateful for all the lessons that 2011 has brought me and I can't wait to see what's in store for me in 2012.

So, in retrospect, How do you think 2011 has treated you? What do you want for yourself and your family this coming year?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post. We started blogging within two weeks of each other. How fun is that :0)

    Blogging has taught me so much. I made a bucket list this year and was able to do many of the things on it. Skydiving was one of the highlights. That was pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Skydiving? I'm way to chicken for that! LOL
    I get dizzy on the Merry Go Round! I tried Ice Skating this year, I loved it!
    It's cool that you started blogging almost at the same time as me. You have so many followers, what's your secret?

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain