Thursday, July 7, 2011

Do you ever think about your own funeral?

This may seem an odd topic, but since my mother in law died I have been contemplating about death. Many people love my mother in law and they were all supportive of the family, so many people were present and sad for her passing, and it got me thinking about my own passing. My husband's family is so large, and so close, and I see my family as so small. Even though we have a lot of cousins, it seems as if we are not as close as my husband's family.  In my family people tend to live forever, 97 is an average age of living, so when I do pass, who is going to come to my funeral? I can think of a handful of people, but I don't know everyone in my family, so...who knows. Who will still be alive? Will my nieces on my husband side come to my funeral? Would they even care? I know my daughters would come, and their kids. But that's it. There will be no big gathering of people over me, I will be alone, and that's scary. Would any of my friends still be alive, will their kids care? Maybe Bibi's daughter, my niece and nephew from my sister, Mia, that's it? Will they buy me flowers, or make a poster of me, would they even make those little notes that they give with the info of the person, would anyone make a monthly note to give to family and friends to remember me by? I have only been to a handful of funerals and I don't remember much. I don't know how to do these things, what's the procedure, I don't know. It's all to scary. I know I have a long way to go, but I want people to remember me when I pass, I want people to say they were glad to have met me, maybe I should start making stronger ties with people, so that when I do die, more than a handful of people will even care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain