Thursday, July 21, 2011

Being a Blogging Mama is Hard Work! Who knew?!

I am exhausted, it's almost 1 am and now I just finished my Bloggy work. What is Bloggy work? Something I just made up. But it refers to the act of reading other blogs, following, commenting, participating in events for Bloggers groups etc. It took me several hours of this and now I have a few minutes to share my post.
Many people out there may think that Blogging is easy but it's not, there is so much work that goes into it, it's not just coming up with something to write, that would take a few minutes of your day. But if you want to be successful at this you need to build a community, find people you like and have people find you and like you. You cannot create a community who follows you by simply writing in your personal blog and not doing anything else.
I have joined several Blogging Groups:
Circle of Moms
Social Moms
Bloggy Moms
Mom Bloggers Club
VoiceBoks

and then I have Twitter and Facebook
The good thing about all these websites is that you get to meet other Bloggers like you, there is a strong sense of community and we help each other out. The bad thing about it is that it takes a lot of time and effort to do it right, to have time to find the other blogs that really appeal to you, to create connections, to make friends. Because the main purpose of my Blog is to impact people in a good way, to help people, to inspire.
Right now I sit here, thinking whether I should do the dishes or not, and also notice the pile of laundry that I never got to put away after washing it. I guess tomorrow is another day.
If you are a blogger I recommend you check out the Groups I have mentioned, it is worth it, and if you are already a member of them, how do you find the time to do everything? Do you have some tricks? A routine? I work part time outside the house and today I had my Women's Writing Group and had to take my daughter to the eye doctor, so had a full day. How do you squeeze time for everything?

5 comments:

  1. So funny you just posted this! I've been working at my PT job and working at getting my blog out and noticed, and last night I was trying to come up with a way to streamline everything :-) I love reading all the blog out there and find that I can spend hours doing that... The only thing I came up with was that I should allow at least a day or two for NONblogging work, but what fun is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently started blogging and it's really harder then it seems! But it's people like you who keep this community going! Thank you for sharing those sites with your readers because I have been really trying hard to find blogging communities.

    Sam
    http://sjkatigbak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog, following back. Blogging is not an easy job is time consuming. But unfortunately i will not be spending so much time blogging like before cos i now have some other things that will help me more when it comes to finance. Guess that's the best thing i have to do for myself. As for the groups you mentioned i am already a member of them. Ok do have a great weekend.
    http://nzeremm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to blog and some weeks are easier to come up with a topic that is interesting to me which I think my readers will also be interested in, and other weeks seem downright impossible! I've found my most popular posts have been ones that have come from the heart - topics that really touch me at my core (eg tributes to my grandmother and a school friend when they passed away). I love writing and I hope to keep it going for as long as I can...recently celebrated my first anniversary as a blogger and I'm still at it so I consider it a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can get pretty overwhelming at times. What I've done is input "blogging" into my daily schedule along with my other daily chores, errands, and appointments. I do the best I can in the 2.5 hours I have each day to devote to posting, commenting and reading other blog posts. I try to balance blogging & family, not wanting blogging to take away from my family time. So my blogging block of time is in the evening after dinner when everyone is settled and doing their own thing. I totally feel you on this one! Blogging does take time.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain