Friday, April 15, 2011

Vacation - Day 1 - Puerto Rico

Yesterday was my first day of my vacation in Puerto Rico and it seems like 2 or 3 days have passed already. We went to the airport bought some snacks including an $8.00 box of decorated cookies that the girls didn't like after they tried them, we waited for a while and took advantage of the JetBlue free wifi. We were the first ones to board the plane as we were sitting right at the last set of seats. We watched some TV and Elsie fell asleep pretty quickly. Gaby and I stayed awake longer. We had snacks together and talked a little bit about how we were inside a cloud and how I thought that was cool, but Gaby said it was boring as she couldn't see anything out the window.
We had a safe landing, and everyone applauded as soon as we touched ground. I wonder if only Puerto Ricans do this or if it's everyone?
As soon as we got out of the plane I think that felt like the second day of our trip and it technically was as we entered the airport on Wednesday and got out on Thursday. My mom and her friend Juaco picked us up and on the almost 1 hour ride to the house from the airport we talked about all the different stores we could go to buy breakfast. We bought the classic breakfast that I used to eat growing up and it's bread, salami and edam cheese. As we arrived to the house we felt like it was the 3rd day of our trip as somewhere between the airport and the house we fell asleep again. I ate a couple of sandwiches with Pan Sobao, Papperoni and Queso de Bola and after that went right back to sleep making my waking up feel like it was our fourth day on the trip.
We chilled out, the girls got into the hammocks and later we went to buy some fruits and vegetables at a little kiosk next to the house. We ate and then possibly went to sleep again because going to the mall at night was our 5th day.
It is funny how just the act of falling asleep and having something that changes the rhythm that changes your routine can make your brain get confused and make you feel like more days have passed than they have actually passed. Do any of you have gone through this?

NOTE: Beware, I have written this article half asleep so please forgive me if you see any mistakes or incoherances. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain