Monday, April 11, 2011

Health & Beauty - The changes continue...

For those of you who have been following me, on Mondays I talk about health and beauty, and for the past month I have been writing about getting to a healthy weight. I am currently 170lbs. and I should be at least 150lbs to be at a healthy weight based on my age and height. Yet 150 is the top level of the spectrum. I should be between 119 to 150lbs. If I aim for 150, then it means I only have to loose 20lbs, and if I loose 5lbs a month, I would be a healthy weight in 4 months. Which seems pretty good. But the thing is that I have not lost any weight, yet. And being a woman, there is a few days a month when I tend to gain 5 more pounds and loose them right back after the week has passed. So this week I weigh myself and it's that week that I shouldn't have weighted myself, but I did. So I am going to ignore the scale and see how the rest of the weeks go. I have also been keeping a food diary and keeping track of my calories with a cool app I found for my android phone called MyFitnessPal you can also use it online if you'd like and it helps me keep track of all the calories I eat and acts as my food diary as well, it helps me be accountable for what I eat. I even bought this Lean Shake from GNC and it tastes good but I stay starving! It says I should drink it and eat a fruit, and that kinda holds me down a bit, but if I don't eat that fruit it is like it triggers in some way my hunger and it freaks me out. Today I must say I wasn't too good. I ate 1600+calories today. The problem was that I drank all the milk last night and I needed my milk for breakfast, and I didn't have it, so I had a Lean Shake with a banana and I was fine, but lunch time came and I had no clue what to eat, so I had to run some errands and I took the girls to McDonalds and I ate a BigMac Meal, and I must say I was STARVING when I ate it, and that threw me off for the rest of the day. I was trying to make no more than 1500 a day, but I just checked my BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate which tells you the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day, and mine is 1420 cal. So if I eat about 1300 cal a day then I should loose some weight. Up to today I have been eating between 1500 and 1600 calories. So next time I go to McDonalds I will have something with less calories than the BigMac Meal. What I like about MyFitnessPal is that it has almost any food I am bound to eat and it counts the calories for me, it takes out the guess work, and by having a calorie allowance it gives me a little bit more freedom in what I eat, so I don't have to deprive myself of any type of food. But tomorrow I will try to not pass the 1300 cal total in the day and see if I can stick to it and be on my way to a healthy weight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain