Sunday, April 3, 2011

Health/Beauty - The struggle with the food.

Days pass and my husband has started a new dieting system, I find myself re-evaluating my own dietary habits. The new system consists of 5 mini meals, low in carbs, and 1 lean green meal, 6 to 8 oz of lean meat and 3 servings of non starchy veggies. I think I am going to try that approach, yet I have to organize myself and find substitutions for the mini meals. My hubby is going to be eating those protein bars, and some low-cal-low carb snacks (soy crisps) etc. Each mini meal is only 100 cals ea. and the regular meal it's like 500 cals so it's like 1000 calories in a day. This is definitely something that will make you loose weight, as you will be lowering your caloric intake a great deal and then because you eat every 2/3 hours then you can think that you are eating more than you think, also it recommends taking at least 15 minutes to eat each meal, and never allow yourself to get to a level 1 or Zero in hunger, Zero being that feeling when you are so hungry that you get cranky and will eat anything and everything in sight, and I noticed that I get to that level quite often, and I need to change that. But I'm such a picky eater that I have to find things I can snack on throughout the day that will agree with me. I don't like cereal bars, or granola bars, or shakes, or soups, I don't know I'm very hard to please. Yet I have simple tastes. But this week as I watch my hubby and help him out organize his daily meals I will try to get familiarized with the program he's in so that I can tweak it to my particular idiosyncrasies. What is your relationship with food like? Do you ever allow yourself to get so hungry that you are ravenous? Why do you do it? I do it many times because I am to lazy to cook and can't find anything that is quick and easy and that will satisfy me.

Before I go, I want to apologize for not being consistent in the past couple of days. Life has been hectic and my head has been spinning with all the things I have been meaning to do but haven't, and the worst of all is that once I skip a day from Blogging, the next day I find I have to force myself to write, because I get into a lazy streak or something. We need to push ourselves to be our best everyday otherwise we can slack off constantly until we find the strength to go back on schedule.
Do any of you a struggle with keeping a schedule?  I want to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you try the program that you bought ....I think that will help you a lot...because is dividing the dish in 1/2, one have in 1/2 again and the other big 1/2 stays like that. That big have is veggies and salads,one small 1/2 meat and the other...small 1/2 pasta ,rice....potatoes....I think that will help you because with this one you eat a lot...and never hungry...even Brownies...=) Give it a try...but cook the way they tell you....You have to go shopping...=) Love You!!!!!!MaBuela....The girls can do this too....please bring the book with you....when you come.....I will do the cooking...=)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain