Monday, April 16, 2012

What is Instant Influence?


For my birthday my favorite cousin Karla gave me this awesome book as a gift.  She said she just saw it, and thought it looked like the kind of book I like to read. At first I was surprised, since I never would have thought to buy it just by looking at it, but once I started reading it I am impressed with the book and I absolutely love it.

I am not done with the book yet, however what I like is that not only it teaches you how to use Instant Influence with people at work and such, it is something that you can use with yourself. It helps you find a way to influence yourself into doing things that you believe you should do but haven't gotten around to it. Like exercising, or eating healthier.

It gives you tips on how to deal with people who are depressed, employees that are not being productive, kids who don't clean their bedrooms. (sounds like anyone you know?)

I carry the book around me all the time, trying to read it at any free time I have. The principle of the book is that you cannot convince people to do things based on your own reasons. The trick is to find a way to have the person find their own reasons why they would want to do the thing that you would want them to do. Find out what their true motivation is and that will create the influence.

When I finish the book I will come back and give you some tips that I found on the book. In the meantime, if this sounds like a book you'd want to read, click on the image above to be directed to the amazon website to purchase the book.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain