Thursday, April 12, 2012

Want to know more about Social Media?

Yesterday I asked the question, What Topics Interest you the most? And our friend Liz Barnett answered with: Social Media.

So in her honor I will dedicate today to Social Media.

Back in September 2011 I signed up for a Social Media Marketing Boot camp from MediaBistro.com 
I was looking to learn more on how to promote your business with Social Media for my current job.
I must admit that the Boot Camp has been really helpful, yet at the same time I felt very overwhelmed with the amount of new information that I had to absorb in the 8 weeks it takes to do the course.

We learned about different topics:

  • How to Establish a Brand Personality Through Social Media
  • What Makes a Social Strategy Successful?
  • How to Build Your Social Media Strategy
  • Storytelling Through Social Media 
  •  How to Grow Your Fan Base and Engagement on Facebook
  • How to Use Twitter to Promote Your Company, Cause, or Personal Brand
  • How to Engage with Your Community on Google+  
  • The Power of Influence: Identifying Online Brand Ambassadors
  • How to Monitor and Measure Your Social Media Efforts 
  • How to Keep Up with Emerging Platforms and Trends
  • Social Curation: How to Use Twitter and Tumblr to Build Authority and Engagement
These are the main topics discussed in the Boot Camp, and like you can see it is a lot of information. One of the things you have to think about before you embark in building a Social Media Strategy is identifying what is your goal with Social Media, what do you want to achieve? What kind of business or Brand are you? Take a look at some of your competition, see how they are using Social Media and which things you think are successful and which ones are not.

Do you want to sell a product? Promote your Store? Engage with Customers? Do Customer Support? Get more readers? etc. Then once you know your goal, then you can work on making a plan. Feel free to email me your goals and I will help you a bit more with some tips that might help your particular goal.

Next time I will write a little bit more on how to create your Social Media Strategy, but this is a bit tricky since it depends greatly on the type of business that you have, so I will give priority to those of you who take the time to comment or email me your specific goals.

Another thing that is very useful is to read daily the following websites:
All Facebook
All Twitter
Social Times

This will keep you up to date with what's going on in the Social Media World.

OK, Now for the question of the day. What Specific Topics regarding Social Media would you want me to discuss in my next post? You can choose one of the topics listed here or you can come up with a new topic of your own and I will try my best to answer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain