Saturday, April 14, 2012

Finding my artistic side once again and making new friends.






For the past several months I have been getting involved in the artistic side of my job. I have taken on new responsibilities and being in charge of a monthly Art Gallery Opening at one of my boss' buildings. Since I have been doing this I have felt a sense of joy and excitement that I have not felt in many years. I feel like I am really good at something, like I make a difference.

And not only that I have been meeting new people, making connections with Magazine Editors, Musicians, Galleries, Artists, Designers and Curators and I am fascinated of this whole new world that has opened up for me.

On one hand it saddens me to know that for the first time in 7 years that I have been working for the same company, that just when I am about to move to a different state I finally find out what I love doing the most. Now that I love everything about my job, now I have to leave. But on the other hand, I believe that this is the time to learn as much as I can about this world, and get involved in every aspect of it so that when I finally move to Florida, I will be able to pursue a job in what I am passionate about. I won't have to be a secretary anymore.

So today I took another step toward this new route. I took a class of Drawing through Observation at The Living Gallery in Brooklyn. I must say it was a bit hard, since I had not drawn in so long, but I felt really proud of myself for taking the initiative to get back into art. And then when we where on our way home I remembered that a friend had told me about this new art store that had opened up near our house and I asked the girls and it was a unanimous decision. I must say this store was amazing! It had so many things my head was spinning. The first area I walked into just happened to be the area about print making, and I must say that was my favorite part of art class. They had Silk Screen Printing and Print Making with Linoleum. It was a hard decision to make, but I ended up buying the Linoleum Kit as it was less expensive and I wanted to try and start small. The truth is that I got all excited! I couldn't contain myself. Now I just have to come up with a cool design and bring it to life!

Another thing that I have been thinking about is how it is good to have different kinds of friends. I must admit I do not have many close friends. But I have found to be so important to have at least one friend who shares at least one of your biggest passions. And if you have several passions then to have at least one friend for each one of your passions, unless you are lucky enough to share several passions with one friend (which doesn't happen to me too often).  For example, I feel passionate about Art, and writing, so it is important to relate with friends who love art and friends who love writing. Also note that your significant other doesn't have to be that friend who shares all your passions. I mean, if he is, then wonderful, but if he's not, it is OK to have friends with whom you share your other likes and dislikes. Your significant other should be your best friend and should support you on all your endeavors, but he doesn't have to share all your likes, just as you shouldn't feel guilty if you don't love ALL the same things your partner loves as long as you are both supportive and encourage each other to follow your dreams.

So today's question is: What are you passionate about? And do you have friends who share your passions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain