Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Party!

Yesterday was our Second Annual Toro-Vivoni Family Halloween Party and today my energies where completely depleted. So I took the day to contemplate on the mess, clear only part of it, and leave the other part for tomorrow.  I also did laundry and asked my daughters to refrain from any loud noises. The sound of silence is so intoxicatingly delicious.

This may all sound like nonsense, but I feel like this month has crept up on me and has left me all loopy. The plans I had for this month are only half way completed and I am a bit disappointed, but I decided to get back on track with the Halloween Party.  Getting the house all decorated, making all the Halloween Food, getting the kids all sugared up.

What I did not expect was to have so many kids in the house and all with such a Sugar Rush that made my night turn into a blur. Screams of delight filled the house, kids running and laughing and playing. And, did I mention SCREAMING?

The menu included Halloween Themed Mac n' Cheese, Mummy Hot Dogs, Chocolate Cupcakes with Purple Marshmallow Filling, and Orange Vanilla Frosting with Halloween Sprinkles, We had chocolate cookies with Halloween shapes, Tomato, cheese and Olive Aliens, Apple-Almond Monster mouths, Rotten Apple Juice with Gummy Worms inside (all taken from Disney's Family Fun Magazine, plus Halloween Oreo's, and Chips, and regular Juice and Water. But after all that I realized that there was not enough food and too much sugary stuff so we ended up ordering Chinese Food from the restaurant of the parent's of two of the kids in the party.

My cousin in law brought over some masks to give to the kids to decorate and she brought some foam paper and some foam stickers and I gave them markers, and glue and they had a blast making their masks.  Then they played Hedbandz Game and ran around some more and finished watching a movie.  Just a few minutes before midnight the house was empty, except us who live in it on a daily basis and all was quiet again. We snuggled into bed and said our good nights.

Here are some pics from the party, I hope you enjoy them.

Bloody Footprints


Mummy Hotdogs




Cupcakes, Cookies and Breadstick Bones


Spider Web

Making Masks


Rotten Apple Juice with Gummy Worms
More Snaks




My oldest with her mask


My little one and her mask

So how was your Halloween? Did you make a party at home as well? How do you like to celebrate?

5 comments:

  1. Wow that looks awesome! Sugar overload here we come! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great Halloween party! Wish I knew you to come! lol!!!!

    We aren't doing anything exciting like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. It is really fun having this Halloween Party every year, we are hoping to buy a home soon so we can extend the party all the way to the outside of the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute party! We went to our old neighborhood to go trick or treating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that comes true....extend the party all the way to the outside for next year.......=)

    Last year I was part of the celebration.....Miss you all....MaBuela....=)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain