Monday, March 21, 2011

Japanese Love Day 2 - Vocaloids

About 5 months ago, my daughter started hanging out with a neighbor friend, he has become part of the family in a short while and even though he is Chinese, he is in love with many things of Japan. My daughter Gaby has been in love with China and Japan since she was 4 after we took her to see Canal Street in NYC. Ever since she started hanging out with Yucheng her love for Japan has grown exponentially so this week will be all about the things that my kids love about Japan and things that I too have learned to Love.
Today I will dedicate it to Vocaloids. Vocaloid is a computer program that you can use to create music, it is a singing synthesizer application that will create the voice for your song and sing it for you with one of the Vocaloid voices. They also came up with Vocaloid 2 which includes a lot more voices and it became particularly more famous in Japan with the release of Hatsune Miku
Yucheng, Gaby and even Elsie have fallen in love with Hatsune Miku, they make drawings of her, sing her songs, even I have a Hatsune Miku background on my computer and my phone. My 10 y/o is so obsessed by it that I can punish her by not allowing her to listen to any Vocaloid music for a few hours and she freaks out!!
I would like to share with you some samples of what Hatsune Miku is, and how she looks and how she sounds like. If you go to YouTube and type Hatsune Miku you'll find hundreds of Fan Videos and even videos of her LIVE Concert in Tokyo in 2010. You might wonder how is it possible to have a LIVE concert with a fictional character, well the Japanese people are so amazing that they were able to create a way to make a holographic image of Hatsune Miku and have her sing on stage with a live band.
And Hatsune Miku is not the only one to sing in this concert you can also see Rin & Len the twin Vocaloids singing in this video.
My daughter is so in love with this that she has listened to the songs so much that she is able to sing the songs in Japanese flawlessly!

There are a lot of different Vocaloids and in this picture you can see a few of them
We love Vocaloids in our household and we love Japan for creating them.  I encourage you to search on youtube for some more sample songs. I will leave you with another one of my favorite songs
Had you heard of the Vocaloids before? What do you think of them? Which one is your favorite?

Well, like I said before, this week is all about Japan, and every day along with including one of the things I love about Japan I am also including a website you can go to if you want to help out to raise money for Japan. Today's website is Etsy Japan Relief, where many artists have created things to sell for which the proceeds will be directly donated toward Japan Relief. Please check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I think this all started when you and now husband stay to see the cartoons at CAAM (Colegio de Arquitectura y Artes Mecanicas)...then your cousin Karla with her drawings....and you pass that to your daughters...Can you put the video of the girl that sings ...the one they sing all the time....=)Please with the words so I can sing it too...Thank you and God Bless...=) MaBuela

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain